Veg Fried Rice with Curd
Veg Fried Rice with Curd or yogurt rice, is a very tasty and easy to make at home traditional Indian recipe. Unsweetened probiotic yogurt is referred to as "curd" in Indian English. Curd is know as Dahi and Rice is known as Chawal in hindi Indian language.Raita used with this recipe enhances the taste of fried rice, that's why in India people love the combination of "namkeen chawal and raita".Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Telangana, and Andhra Pradesh are the states in South India where vegetable fried rice is most famous.
- Chopping Board
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp tempering seeds- cumin seeds & mustard seeds
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 spring curry leaves (curry patta), chopped
- ½ cup grated carrot (gajar)
- ½ tbsp ginger (adhark), chopped
- ¼ cup coriander (dhania), chopped
- 2 cups boiled rice
- 1 cup curd (dahi)
- ½ tsp salt
- In a cooking pot, heat the oil and add the tempering seeds (mustard & cumin seeds). Heat it until it begins to crackle.
- Add the green chilies and curry leaves, sliced.
- Add grated carrots (gajar), ginger, and coriander leaves in a mixing bowl. You can also use other veggies such as capsicum (shimla mirch), cauliflower (gobhi), corns, peas (matar).
- Pour in pan stir well and cook for few minutes, or until the veggies are softened.
- Toss the bowl full o cooked rice with the fried tempering veggies mixture. Add salt as much required. Cover the pan with lid and cook over low flame for few minutes.
- The rice will now absorb the whole tempering mixture and aroma. Turn off the flame after few minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the salt, curd, and a small amount of water.
- Taste and adjust the water and salt as required.
- Buttermilk should be used in place of water. This is an optional move.
- Garnish rice with diced carrots and coriander leaves before serving.
- Serve chilled curd rice and enjoy it.
Do not over boil the rice, as rice may loose its texture. Over turning the rice in pan may break the rice grain, avoid it. Hope you like this indian fried rice with raita recipe. Don't forget to Subscribe our YouTube channel for cooking videos : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBldLFwGGdrFPfeo39ri1hg Follow us on Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/recipesbrand/