Tasty & Easy Sabudana Kheer |Sago Payasam
Sabudana Kheer or Sago Payasam is a delightful smooth and fluffy kheer/pudding recipe for Ramadan fasting in muslim culture. Not just Muslims, Hindus love it as well as a mouth watering dessert.Sabudana, also known as tapioca pearl, javvarisi or sago, is a tapioca root starch that is processed into pearl-like shape .Hope you enjoy making this easy sabudane ki kheer at home for different occasions and whenever your guests arrives.
- 1½ tbsp ghee
- 1 cup sabudana - soaked in water
- 4 glass water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ glass milk
- 3 cardamom
- dry fruits
- ½ cup cashew nuts
- 16 almonds - soaked and pealed
- 3 dry dates, - chopped
- handful of resins
Frying dry fruits:
- Melt ghee in a pan over medium heat.
- Combine the cardamoms, and dry fruits such as raisins, halved almonds, and cashew nuts in a large mixing bowl.
- Fry the dried fruits in a skillet until it turns golden brown in color, remove the pan from and set aside.
- Then in pan add four glasses of water and bring to a boil.
Adding sugar to cooked sabudana:
- When the water begins to boil, add the sabudana and whisk thoroughly.
- When the sabudana is almost cooked, add the sugar and whisk until it finally dissolves.
- Pour boiled milk into a pot and bring to a boil. Stir in the dried fruits and crushed cardamom thoroughly in pot and cook for another 10-15 minutes over medium flame or until milk turns slightly creamy in texture.
- Toss with fried almonds, cashew nuts, dried dates, kesar (saffron) and raisins in a dish.
Sago or Sabudana is almost entirely made up of carbohydrates, with no protein, vitamins, or minerals. 100 gm of dry sago contains roughly 355 kcal of food energy and contains 94 gm of starch, 0.2 gm of protein, 0.5 gm of dietary fiber, 10 mg of calcium, 1.2 mg of iron, and small levels of fat, carotene, thiamine, and ascorbic acid. Hope you like this sabudana kheer recipe. Don't forget to Subscribe our YouTube channel for cooking videos : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBldLFwGGdrFPfeo39ri1hg Follow us on Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/recipesbrand/