This strawberry shrikhand or in English Strawberry Yogurt Mousse falls in category of unique Indian sweets. It is a delicious traditional Indian dessert. Instant Indian strawberry shrikhand is a delicious way to enjoy candy like strawberries.
There are various yogurt dessert recipes, but this fusion with strawberry one is my favourite.
It can be made with home made curd or market yogurt, there will be no difference in taste.
Serve it after meals or as welcome sweet, everyone gonna love it. It offers so rich taste that no one can deny to.
Also Check easy indian desserts for dinner parties.
Health Benefits of strawberry.
- Strawberry is fat free, cholesterol free, and calorie free fruit. Therefore it is very healthy for health conscious people or for those who are on strict calories.
- Strawberries also contain antioxidants which help to remove free radicals from your body and prevent early aging.
- They contain plenty of vitamin C which act as an immunity booster.
Therefore not just good taste, strawberry is also good for health.
Strawberry Shrikhand | modern Indian desserts
- cheese cloth
- 1¾ cup yogurt (curd)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar, - optional
- 5 green cardamom seeds, - pounded into powder
- ¼ tsp saffron threads (kesar) - optional
- 4 tbsp strawberry compote, crushed strawberries
- Place the yogurt in a cheesecloth and let it hang until all the whey is drained. Remove the yogurt to a large bowl. Set it aside.
- Combine the heavy cream and powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl. Whip for 1 minute, or until the sugar dissolves and the cream turns light and frothy.
- Add the cream mixture to the yogurt, then stir in the cardamom, saffron, and 2 tablespoons (30 g) of the strawberry pulp or crushed strawberries. Mix well so that all the ingredients fuse well together.
- Chill the entire dish, or separate the mousse (shrikhand) into small individual bowls or dessert glasses to chill. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving with the remaining 2 tablespoons (30 g) strawberry compote spooned on top of the shrikhand. OR you may simply garnish it with chopped strawberries.
- If you prefer, you can use honey or palm sugar (to taste) instead of powdered sugar.
Hope you like this recipe.
Try strawberry shrikhand and don’t forget to leave tasty comments below. And bookmark our page for more dessert recipes with yogurt.