Roasted Masala Corn Recipe |Corn Chaat
By Roasting plain or sweet corn with Indian herbs & spices, you can make a fast and tasty side dish Roasted Masala Corn for any occasion. The sweet corn and red-green bell pepper are balanced out by the tangy green coriander. The baby greens give this dish just the right amount of colour and males it visually appealing. In India, we also call it as "corn chaat". Not just taste, it also has various healthy benefits thus can be added to health diet.As per your preferences or taste, you may buy frozen sweet corn or plain corn. But it is preferred that do not compromise with spices mentioned here. These are tested ingredients for perfect corn chaat.Hope you enjoy making this tangy and tasty corn dish.
- Non-stick pan
- Chopping Board
- 2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- ½ tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 2 dried red chili peppers
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, - finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 red/green or both bell pepper - deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander leaves (dhania), - finely chopped
- mixed baby greens
- Toast the cumin seeds, fennel seeds and red chili peppers in a small non-stick skillet over medium heat, stirring and shaking the skillet until the spices are highly fragrant and a few shades darker, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, let cool and grind finely in a spice or coffee grinder.
- Place the corn in another non-stick skillet over medium to high heat and stir until the water evaporates. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat the oil in the same nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, stirring until golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the corn, ground spices and salt, and cook until the corn is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the red bell pepper and fresh coriander leaves, and cook about 2 minutes. Cool to room temperature and serve over mixed baby greens.
This corn chaat recipe is is the easiest and takes just few minutes in preparation. Prepare this to deal with anytime cravings. Hope you like this recipe. Don't forget to Subscribe our YouTube channel for cooking videos : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBldLFwGGdrFPfeo39ri1hg Follow us on Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/recipesbrand/