Mutton Boti Din Raat Recipe is a very tasty combination of mutton kabab and boiled egg. It wont be wrong to call it as anda boti kabab. It is quite yet unexplored dish among people. You might have tried mutton seekh kabab , boti kabab and even keema kabab, now its time to try Boti din raat. . The raw papaya in this recipe will help to tenderize the meat. If not, red meat will remain chewy and wont go well with boiled eggs. Comment below after trying this wonderful recipe.
Mutton Boti Din Raat Recipe |Mutton anda kabab
- Oven (optional)
- Frying Pan
- Chopping Board
- 300 gm mutton (boneless)- cut into one inch pieces
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp saffron (kesar)
- 1/2 tsp milk
- 1 cup thick curd- tie in a muslin cloth and hang for 1 hour
- 1 tbsp kachri powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp raw papaya paste (kachha papita)- peel. deseed and grind a small piece of raw papaya to a paste in a mixer
- 1/4 tsp baking soda (mitha soda)
- 2 onions-cut into slices- deep fried till golden and ground to a paste
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder (choti elaichi)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 5 hard boiled eggs- halved and egg yolk separated from egg white
- Soak the saffron in ½ tsp milk for a few minutes.
- Cut the mutton into 1” cubes. Wash and pat dry the pieces. Prick them with a fork. Mix lemon juice and ginger-garlic paste with the mutton cubes. Keep aside for half an hour.
- Mix all the ingredients of 2nd marinade – saffron, curd, papaya paste or kachri powder, baking soda, fried onion paste, green cardamom, salt and pepper.
- Add marinated mutton to the second marinade mixture. Mix thoroughly. Let the mutton marinate in this for at least 4 hours or even more in the refrigerator.
- To cook, remove from fridge and let them come to room temperature. Preheat oven at 150°C. Or cook it on a frying pan or a grill. Thread 5 to 6 pieces of mutton onto each greased skewer or place the botis on a greased wire rack of the oven. Rub with the left over marinade.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes turning them 2 to 3 times in between. When slightly dry, spoon or brush some oil on them. Cook for another 10 minutes or till done.Remove the tikkas from the skewer.
- Hard boil the eggs. Cool, peel and cut into half width wise. Remove the egg yolk from the egg white. Put a piece of tikka in the hollowed egg.
- Sprinkle garam masala. Serve hot with dahi-poodina chutney and onion rings seasoned with salt, red chilly powder and lime juice.
- Nonstick Frying Pan
- Wooden chopping board
- Stainless steel knife
- Wooden Spatula
- Best Pressure Cooker
- Portable Charcoal tandoor