Masala Pav Recipe |Homemade
Homemade Masala Pav is a quick and tasty recipe from Indian State Mumbai. It works quite well as a dinner, an evening vegetarian snack or a brunch on the weekend. Not just Mumbaians but masala pav is widely liked by people across the country. So let's learn how to make masala pav at home in just few simple easy steps.
- Wide pan
- Chopping Board
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 4-5 stems of chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- 2-3 tsp Pav bhaji masala
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 2 Chopped tomatoes
- 1 Chopped onion
- 4 buns,pav
- salt, as desired
- Several drops of lemon juice, fresh
- Heat just 1 tbsp. butter in wide pan. Add chopped garlic and onion. After onions are softened, add tomatoes. Cook until mixture is mashed.
- Then add Pav Bhaji Masala, salt and chili powder. Add 2to 3 tbsp. of filtered water. Cook for several minutes until masala is done.
- Add lemon juice and coriander leaves. Remove from heat.
- Slice the buns. Spread masala on inside. Heat skillet or pan. Spread 1 tbsp of butter over the inside. Place buns with masala facing upward.
- When first side has been toasted well, add small dollop of butter atop masala on buns. Masala juice will have seeped to insides of buns.
- Flip buns gently. Toast other sides. Remove from heat. Serve promptly with sliced or chopped onions or tomatoes or fresh coriander.
In masala pav recipe, Soft pav buns are the hit of this dish, when they are loaded down with masala and toasted with butter. They are so delicious. Heat pav buns over low to medium flame to avoid burning of pav. Masala should not be watery else pav will become soggy. Use best quality pav bhaji masala to add authentic flavor to this recipe. Hope you like this recipe. Don't forget to Subscribe our YouTube channel for cooking videos : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBldLFwGGdrFPfeo39ri1hg Follow us on Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/recipesbrand/