Lal mirch ka achar or red chili pickle is widely consumed in India. Be it paratha or any type of naan, lal mirch ka achar enhances their taste to extent. Hope you like this pickle recipe
Lal mirch ka achar | red chili pickle
Red chili pickle is a traditional pickle in India that many families make at their home in any season. It's made by slicing red chilies lengthwise, stuffing them (that's why called as bharwa mirch ka achar) with Indian special spice mix, and storing them in an air tight glass jar and let it season in under sun for at least a month. Mustard oil or what we call as sarson ka tel is cherry on top in this recipe.So lets learn how to make lal mirch ka achar at home in easy steps.
- Chopping Board
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds (सौंफ)
- 2 tbsp nigella seeds (कलौंजी)
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds (जीरा)
- 2 tbsp black mustard seeds (राई)
- 1 tbsp fenugreek seeds (मेथी के बीज)
- Ground turmeric (to taste) (हल्दी पाउडर)
- 4 tbsp salt (नमक)
- 2 tbsp mustard oil (सरसों का तेल)
- desired amount of red or green chilies
- 2 cups mustard oil
- 6 cloves garlic,(लहसुन) skin intact
- To make the pickling spices, gently dry toast the fennel seeds, nigella seeds, cumin seeds, black mustard seeds, and fenugreek seeds in a medium pan/skillet over medium-low heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Do not burn the spices, it will loose its taste.
- After the seeds have cooled down, place them in a food processor or spice grinder and pulse a few times. (The seeds should retain their coarse texture.) Place the ground seeds in a small cup. Combine the turmeric, salt, and oil in a mixing bowl. Combine the ingredients. Set aside.
- Slice the chilies from middle lengthwise, leaving the tops and bottoms intact. Deseed the chilies with care. Fill the chilies with the pickling spices.
- Divide the stuffed chilies into two big, sterilized, dry pots. Pour the oil over the chilies, then smash the garlic with the skin on and distribute it among the pots. Close the pots. Place the jars in a bright window for about a week for seasoning process .
This achaar can be served with meals and also sometimes helps in making boring food tasty. Hope you like this recipe. Don't forget to Subscribe our YouTube channel for cooking videos : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBldLFwGGdrFPfeo39ri1hg Follow us on Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/recipesbrand/