Khaman Dhokla Recipe | Besan Ka Dhokla. Not just Gujrati, all Indians are fan of Besan Dhokla. Hot and sour taste of dhokla is good enough to satisfy our taste buds. Here we used pressure cooker to cook khaman dhokla, you can also use steamer if available. So lets learn how to make dhokla at home in easy steps. Recipesbrand
Khaman Dhokla Recipe | Instant Besan Ka Dhokla
- Steamer/Pressure cooker
- Chopping Board
- kitchen towel
- 2 cup Gram flour (Besan)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Curd
- 2 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tbsp Turmeric water (haldi ka pani)
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric powder (haldi powder)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 1 Spring curry leaves (curry patta)
- 1 tsp Asafetida (hing)
- 2-3 Green chilies
- 1/2 cup Coconut water/normal water
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves (dhania patta)
For Tam Tam Dhokla:-
- 1 tsp Sesame oil (til ka tel)
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds (rai)
- 1 Spring curry leaves
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds (til)
- 2 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Few coriander leaves (dhania patta)
- 1 cup Side of dhokla (dhokla chura)- crumb
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves
- Nylon sev (optional)
- Fresh pomegranate seeds (anardana)
- 1 tbsp Fresh coriander leaves- chopped
- In a mixing bowl, add gram flour, salt to taste, sugar, lemon juice, curd, ginger paste, turmeric water, turmeric powder, water as required and whisk it nicely. Mix them properly into smooth batter. Make sure that there are no lumps.
- In another bowl, add oil and baking powder and mix it. Transfer this into the mixture and mix everything. Leave the mixture idle for 1-2 minutes
- Pour a glass of water into a 3 or 5 litres capacity pressure cooker and heat it over medium flame for 4-5 minutes before placing the greased plates. If you have steamer then you can make dhokla in steamer.
- Place a small stand or a small bowl in the pressure cooker and place greased plates filled with batter over it.
- Close the pressure cooker lid and remove the whistle. Cook it over medium flame for 15 minutes. After 15-minutes open the lid and insert the tooth pick or knife to check if dhokla is cooked or not. If it is not cooked then cook it more for 5-6 minutes.
- In a pan heat oil, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, as,green chilies.
- Add coconut water/normal water, salt to taste, sugar and coriander leaves mix well.
- Pour the tadka on the steamed dhokla.
For Tam Tam Dhokla
- Heat sesame oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, sesame seeds and let it splutter.
- Add red chili powder, lemon juice, coriander leaves and dhokla toss it well.
For Khamani Dhokla
- In a bowl, add the crumbed sides of dhokla , sesame seeds, lemon juice, coriander leaves, mix everything well. And garnish with nylon sev, pomegranate seeds and coriander leaves.