Fruit Salad with Jaggery & Sesame Seasoning
Fruit salad also known as Fruit Chaat in India, is a healthy meal composed of a variety of fruits, diced or whole with some seasoning, here we using jaggery and sesame oil, and are occasionally served with a liquid, such as their own juices. It is often known as a fruit cocktail or a fruit cup. Fruit salad can be served as an appetizer, a side salad, or a dessert.Palm Jaggery and sesame oil in fruit salad as seasoning might sound new, but it enhances the taste and richness of fruits, also palm jaggery contains natural sugar and nutrients. Whereas sesame oil will also add creaminess in salad. You can make use of numerous variety of fresh fruits available in market such as pineapple, strawberry, watermelon, melon, kiwi, banana, orange, grapes, etc.Hope you enjoy homemade fruit salad and adopt a healthy lifestyle. Happy cooking
- Chopping Board
- Fresh cut fruit (any variety or as desired)
- Fresh mint leaves (pudina), to taste
- ½ small lemon
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp crumbled or grated palm jaggery (gur)
- ¼ tsp chaat masala optional
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Arrange the fruit on a platter. Top it with the chia seeds and mint.
- Combine the lemon juice, oil, and jaggery in a shallow cup. Whisk the dressing until the oil emulsifies and it becomes some what creamy. Drizzle the jaggery dressing, add mint leaves and squeeze lemon, over the fruits and top with the chaat masala (if using).
- Serve in in a plate or a cup along with your favorite cocktail or mocktail.
In this fruit salad, you can use any combination of fruits, nuts, and herbs you want. I usually love to use dragon fruit, pineapple, watermelon, apples, blueberries, cherries, pomegranate seeds, oranges, chia seeds, and mint. Some nuts and seeds that will be tasty include sliced almonds, pistachios, and flaxseed. Hope you like this recipe. Don't forget to Subscribe our YouTube channel for cooking videos : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBldLFwGGdrFPfeo39ri1hg Follow us on Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/recipesbrand/