Chicken Seekh Kabab Recipe. Cook this Wonderful restaurant style stater in oven or tandoor. They are also known as chicken keema kabab or chicken seekh roll, but the taste remain same. Chicken seekh kababs are not only liked in indian restaurants , but also has become favorite dish in many other parts of the world too. It is always recommended that before cooking chicken kabab, marinate the chicken mice for at leat 2-3 hours. It will make it tender, juicy and rich in flavors.Hope you like this barbeque (bbq) recipe.
Chicken Seekh Kabab restaurant style at home recipe
- Frying Pan
- Chopping Board
- 500 gm chicken mince (keema)
- 2 onions- sliced
- 1 inch piece ginger (adrak)
- 8-10 garlic flakes
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds (khus khus)- soaked for 15 minutes in water
- 1 1/2 tbsp broken cashew nuts (kaju)
- 1 tbsp chopped green coriander ( dhania)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- For garnishing lemon, chaat masala, onion rings
- 2 tbsp oil for basting (brush on the seekhs)
- Place the mince in a strainer. Wash in the strainer. Press out the excess water.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry the onion still golden brown. Drain excess oil with a slotted spoon and cool.
- Grind the browned onions, ginger, garlic,cashew nuts and water soaked poppy seeds to a smooth thick paste.
- Put the mince, onion paste, garam masala, chilly powder and salt in a mixer blender. Grind well to get a sticky consistency. Remove the mixture to a bowl.
- Add chopped coriander. Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours for the flavors to penetrate the mince.
- Preheat oven/tandoor at 180°C.
- Grease a skewer and heat it on fire. Take a big ball of the mince mixture and hold the hot skewer carefully in the other hand.Press the mince on to a skewer. The mince well immediately stick to the skewer. If the skewers are cold the mince will not stick. Make one big seekh on the skewer. Repeat with the left over mince on all the other skewers.
- Place the skewers in the hot oven. Cook for10-15 minutes rotating the skewers. Baste the seekhs in between with oil. When the seekhs get cooked, gently remove the kebab from the skewers with the helpof a cloth. Cut each into 1” pieces.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and chaat masala on the kebab and onion ring and serve with onion rings.